Wednesday, October 19, 2011

necssary losses/things we take for granted

Things we take for granted are things we do by rote. We wake up in the morning and most of us have to go to the bathroom. We do this by rote, we simply do what needs to be done and move on to the next task at hand. For me this is easier said that done. To get this done now, I must take some medicine to I can breathe and walk that 10 ft or so. Then I wait about 10 minutes before I can go to the kitchen, get my coffee and something to eat to take the balance of my medicine. Then I now go lay on my hospital bed and catch my breathe again. I am using 8 liters per minute of oxygen and the drugs and most mornings I gasp for air for 5 mins or more before I get it under control. It has taken me a while to figure this out. Last Thursday I hurt my back again. Yesterday I had an xray and sure enough the t5 vertabrae if fractured. Today I had a couple of teeth xrayed and wouldn't you know I need to have a couple pulled.

4 comments:

  1. hang in there April. I too have days like that and right before we moved, more like those kind of days than not. I had all but given in to the fact that it was going to be how my life would play out for whatever time I had left. But I got a "second wind" so to speak, and have been able to do things that I never thought I'd be able to do again. I still get breathless and I get that cough, etc. but now I can walk further than the kitchen. I've had to make some adjustments and use a walker when we leave the house so that I can push my oxygen around and have it handy to help with balance - it even has a seat so that I can rest and catch my breath if I need to. I'll be praying that your fracture heals quickly and that once you have those teeth pulled that you'll feel better. I found that when something else isn't just quite right in my body, my breathing is worse. Just a thought... maybe you'll have better days once those other things are fixed. Still praying for you. ((hugs)) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got word this evening that you have left this cold, cruel, world and moved on to brighter, happier pastures. May you rest in peace, my dear friend, and save me a seat for when I get there - in our special PF section - for certainly we have earned that. I'll be praying for your family and I will miss you dearly. ((hugs)) Breathe easy, April, just breathe. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. April even tho many of us will miss your sunny comments & beautiful outlook on life, I rejoice that you are now able to "just breathe" easy and pain free there in God's Heavenly Choir! I'm so glad I'll know you, JoAnn, and Summer when I get there, along with my Mom and Dad and grandparents!April you may be gone but never forgotten!

    ReplyDelete
  4. April, I met you less than a year ago in IPF Support Group and I was impressed with your loveliness. Now you and my beloved husband, Jack, are in Heaven. My heart goes out to your family because I am sure they are missing you, as I miss my husband.

    ReplyDelete

Your words mean the world me. Please feel free to leave your honest comments. Thank you, April