Sunday, October 9, 2011

From where I sit Lung Cancer wasn't so bad.

Good Morning Family, Friends & Guest,
Everything is relevant an relatively speaking Lung Cancer was easy compared   to Pulmonary Fibrosis.  With Lung Cancer we had a treatment plan and we set about treating.  In 5 months and 9 days, poof gone.!
With IPF there is nothing to treat.  There is no known cause, so there is no known cure and no one evens knows if the heavy hitting drugs currently being used to treat to anything at all, but cause a whole host of ugly side effects.
I believe I have had another big decline in the past couple of weeks.  I am up to 8 Liter per minutes of oxygen around the clock and I was still feeling air starved.  I hate the swishing in my ears I now hear with the oxygen at this level.  It is now getting hard to eat and breathe at the same time, so I am becoming a much neater & slower eater.  That’s a bonus.
I am now back on Morphine to help with the breathlessness.  It truly does help with the breathlessness, but gives me fits in other areas.  Some loss of Bladder control, Itching all over, nano headache when I first take it.  Not to mention the awful taste.  Good news – Junior Mints take the awful taste away pronto.
Still waking up and getting up anywhere from 4:00am to 6:00am.  Wish I could sleep till at least 7:00 am, that way the days would not be so long.
I know it wasn’t to long ago when I ask others with IPF about “The Cough” As I didn’t have one.  Well, I spoke to soon as now I have a cough and I cough a lot.  Every time I get out of breath, (which happens if I walk across the room) I now have a coughing fit, which then keeps me out of breath, is a vicious circle.
Well, that should bring everyone up to date so lets talk about some fun I have had.  Ray and I went to Sleeping Bear Dunes last weekend.  I had never been.  The Northwestern Lower Peninsula of Michigan is beautiful.  Some of you have probably seen the pictures I posted on facebook.  We stayed for 2 nights, Alias we knew the weather was supposed to be chilly, however, wind never factored into our thoughts and we never dreamed they would close the senic national lake shore drive.  So really we missed a lot of the beauty.  This weekend has been beautiful and Ray took me for a ride to Gallup Park and the river.  Then to Bill Drive in for a hotdog.  It was a nice day with my favorite caregiver, who is really very kind to me and most helpful.  I love you Ray Boggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words mean the world me. Please feel free to leave your honest comments. Thank you, April