Thursday, September 1, 2011

Post Op Update, Sally Dog

Good Morning Family, Friends & Guest,

I am feeling quite good 2 days post op.  The incision spot itches a tad.  The three blown veins are healing and it is 8:30 am and I am dressed with my hair washed and styled etc.  Feeling pretty good about myself.

I want to talk today about our other miracle from God which is Sally Boggs our dog.  She came to us on a 3 day trial 2 years ago.  She loves us both with unconditional love.  Like all our dogs have been she is quirky.  We share a pop tart each morning for breakfast.   She will patiently wait for the pop tart to toast and cool.  You can set the plate near her and walk away while it cools and she will not touch it.

Her favorite toy is a ball.  One specific ball and she will fetch it and bring it back as long as you will throw it.  She will also stop when you tell her all done.  She will also play with it by herself.  She uses a pink slipper to send the ball, than looks around for it, fetches it and starts again.  She sends it by holding the slipper in her mouth and shaking the heck out of it.  She gives great Hugs upon request or if she is wanting something.

She will not eat if we are not home and now we both must be home.  Use to be she would eat so long as one of  us was home.  She will not go to bed without at least one of us.  At bedtime she watches for me (I swear she can tell time) as she must have a tiny bite of Vaseline to eat before she crawls under the covers.  She also has to flip over for a belly rub from Ray before going under cover.  She sleeps under the covers for about 15 minutes then walks to the head of the bed and just flops between us with her nose nuzzled under my pillow.  She does this several times during the night and in the morning she is always under the covers.

She loves me do.
In the 2 years she has been here she has never had an accident, nor has she torn  anything up.
She is afraid of lawn mowers and storms.  She sits real close to me for the mowers, she hides in the closet from the storms.


Speaking of mowers they are out there now.  Poor thing, she is hiding under my bed.

The best part of Sally is that she loves us both equally.  I am so glad as my original plan and the reason I wanted to get a dog was so that when I am gone Ray will have something to greet him when he comes home.  A silent house is a sad house.  Sally will help to fill that silent.

Thanks for listening.  Have a great day till we meet again.
Be Well







No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words mean the world me. Please feel free to leave your honest comments. Thank you, April