Thursday, September 8, 2011

Dreary Days, Pity Potty, Hospital Bed

Hello Family, Friends & Guest,

As you all know by now, I had back surgery on the 22nd of August.  On the 25 I felt the best I had felt in a long, long time and it has been downhill ever since.  On Friday before Labor Day, I was sure I was done with the Hospital bed so I had Med Equip come and pick it up.  As it turned out I was a little Hasty in that decision and had them bring it back the Tuesday after Labor Day.

If I do nothing but lay in this hospital bed, I am convinced I am not sick.  Nothing hurts, but the minute I get up I know I am sick and always will be.  I am trying to be Grateful, but some days it is terribly difficult.  Some days it can be terribly difficult for many days.  I hate that feeling.

It has been cold and raining here for 3 days.  It is barely lighter than dusk all day long and the rain in cold.  High in the low 60's.  I have never done this before but I am seriously thinking of turning the furnace on and it's only the 8th of Sept.  I never turn it on till late October, but maybe.

OK the above was written early afternoon, It is now 8:00 pm and I am feeling very different.  I have had time to think about my visit with Rev Beth.  A couple of my Face book Friends have commented on comments I put there and Cousin Leah has been to visit. With all that I am out of my funk and I think I am in the process of turning the corner to acceptance.  I don't want to accept and I am going to call the doctor tomorrow and ask a few questions. That is 8 days out from surgery and too long to wait for the return visit on the 21st.   Just in case, they want to check now to see if I did something or if there is something I should be doing.  Maybe I should be trying to walk more, I don't know, but at least I can ask a few questions.

I worked a lot to get a music player to work.  The one I had I deleted cause I couldn't change the play list and the one playlist.com has now will not load in right for me.  I found this U Tube one and I got Art Garfield on it, but alas I cannot get it to load the song Grateful.  I can find it on the Internet and the lyrics too, but it will not load on this player.  I will just have to keep  working on it, but no more today.

I did bake a loaf of Blueberry Bread this morning.  Ray got out all the ingredients last night for me so it was just a matter of measuring out the ingredients and mixing it together.  It was made with Bisquick and Oatmeal.  It took Ray and I together to beat this quick bread 30 seconds, but we got her done.  It is tasty, but not sweet.  I think in a pinch, I would bake it again, but only in a pinch,

This is it for this time, I am emotionally worn out, besides that I am tired so.....

God be with you tell we meet again, Be Well

P.s. we turned the furnace on when Ray got home from work.  I had to get the dampness out of here.  Much better now.  :^)






4 comments:

  1. MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.ONE DAY APRIL WE ALL WILL BE YOUNG AGAIN PLAYING IN THR GARDEN OF EDEN WITH ALL OUR FRIEND FAMILY.HOPEFULLY ALL OUR PETS TOO SOORY ON CAPS I AM NOT YELLING LOL YOU TAKE CARE KEEP A COOKING .May god bless you love mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your frustration and pain..stay strong...I hold you in thoughts of healing and love. Baking and music have wonderful healing power!Keep it up when you feel like it..Love, hugs, and may God keep you in his love.....Beth Sackreiter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that you are struggling, April. Know that we are sending positive vibes your way and praying for you each and every day. Stay strong...and keep leaning on Ray. He's your rock.
    xoxo,
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so admire your strength, if I were going thru what you have been going thru, I would be complaining, complaining, complaining to anyone who would listen. You are so strong and a role model. You always see the glass half full and not half empty. Prayers for you and your family, take care.
    Love Sandy & Joe

    ReplyDelete

Your words mean the world me. Please feel free to leave your honest comments. Thank you, April